Tuesday, September 22, 2015

What should I expect when getting a reading?

The first thing that you need to do before a reading is make sure that you let your body and soul be completely open to the experience. It's normal to be somewhat skeptical, but if you walk into a reading with the attitude of "this won't work, this is fake" then it will be near impossible for me to connect to your energy. So if this is your personal belief then I would say that a reading is not for you.

I think a reading is best for people who are feeling lost, and have a huge void inside of them over the grief of losing a loved one. Before any reading I usually ask for my clients to either say a short prayer or do a short meditation right before the reading. I tell them to ask to be surrounded by light and love, ask that I am able to connect to their energy, then ask for any loved ones that have passed to come through during the reading. 

This experience will bring you joy, fulfillment, closure, and a cleansing feeling. These are all words that my clients have used to describe how they have felt after having a reading done by me.

Now this being said I cannot speak for other mediums, I can only speak about my work and my clients experiences, this experience is all about hearing from your loved ones that have passed, not for them to hear you. They hear you all the time, they are with you during the trials that you face, and they even pop in just to check on you. 

When I do a reading I like to go in with as little information as possible. This means I don't want to know who has passed, how they have passed, what they look like, or even struggles that you are currently experiencing in your life. I am all about validation. I will always ask the question "does this make sense"  so I would like for you to answer with a yes or no. So unless I ask a direct question, do not give me any information. 

I will start with telling you who I see/feel/hear around you. I will describe who they are, how they passed, a description if needed, and even memories that connect you directly to them. Spirits will often change their appearance from young to old, they will always try to come through as the way you remember them. This being said, there are times where I will be wrong or will misunderstand spirit. No one is 100% right, and any medium that tells you they are never wrong is not being honest. 

It can at times be overwhelming for me as a medium if a lot of loved ones are coming through at the same time. They get very excited, inpatient, and at times I have to remind them to slow down and take turns. This always makes me smile, trust me they don't lose their personalities when they go to the other side. 

A lot of the time I will get random words that will make absolutely no sense to me. But this one word usually ties into a memory or something current that is happening with your life right now. For example I have had spirit mention the word "blueberries" this was a memory of where my client and spirit had picked blueberries growing up. Sometimes I look at spirit and think "huh" lol but I have to say what I get or they tend to repeat themselves over and over. You see they are all about validation just as much as I am. They want you to know that they are there, and that is why they will mention things that only you and them would know. 

Spirit will often give you guidance with your life and will make sure that you are not holding on to anger or guilt in regards to them. They are in such a happy place, and any faults they had on earth are now long gone. They want for you to be able to have peace and love for them, not for their sake but for your own. Holding onto anger and guilt with affect your personal growth, and they only want the best for you.

It is important to be prepared for anything, spirit can bring up traumatic events such as abuse and other situations. This is not to upset you, but to set you free from what you are holding onto. This experience is amazing but is also very overwhelming. You are getting a ton of information, so if something is said that doesn't make any sense at the moment, it doesn't mean that it is not significant. I have had several clients that have messaged me days after the reading and say "I know what that meant now". Once you process everything usually other things will start to make sense. 

It is normal to be nervous or even anxious before a reading, the unknown is often scary and overhwhelming for us as humans. Even though I have talked about this is previous posts I want to again make it clear that everything I do is based around God and Jesus. I will not even allow for any darkness to come to me. I do not believe in witchcraft, and I always say a prayer before each reading. I believe 100 percent in what I do, and for me knowing that our loved ones and pets stay with us after they pass is very comforting. 

I hope that this answers a lot of your questions in regards to how I do my readings. Let the love and light shine upon you, God bless.

Love and light 
Misty





If you would like to shop for any spiritual items, here it the link to my shop
https://etsy.me/2Q6ZOwO

No comments:

Post a Comment